2002 Mining History Association Field Trip

 

Murray Gold District, Sunshine Mine, and

Burk Canyon Tours

June 2002

 

PHOTO GALLERY 2

CLICK ON A PHOTO TO DISPLAY A LARGER IMAGE

 

Site of the Frisco Mill which was dynamited by union miners in 1892 during labor unrest.

 

Hecla Mine and Mill complex at Burk.

Hecla Mine Office (foreground) and hoist house.

Headframe at the main Hecla Mine shaft.

 

Hecla Mill and storage bins.

 

MHAers outside the mill buildings.

Taming Canyon Creek in the narrow canyon was solved by diverting it into a culvert running under the Hecla Mill.

As part of the Superfund cleanup, stream sediments contaminated with old tailings have been removed from the canyon. (2011 photo)

 


Photo Credits: Johnny Johnsson, Mike Kaas, and Jim Lennox

CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE WALLACE MEETING PAGE

 

 


All contents copyright 2011. This is a ZStudios website.