2012 Mining History Association Field Trip

United Verde Mine and Douglas Mansion
June 8, 2012

Tour Host: Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold

and Jerome Historical Society

 

PHOTO GALLERY - 2 OF 2

CLICK ON A PHOTO TO DISPLAY A LARGER IMAGE

View of the James Douglas Mansion (right) and the headframes of the United Verde Extension Mine. The mine operated from 1914 to 1938.  The mansion is now a state park. The Little Daisy Hotel is at the left rear.

View toward the town of Clarkdale in the valley east of Jerome.  Ore from the William Clark’s United Verde Mine was concentrated and smelted in Clarkdale.  Tailings ponds and the smelter slag pile can be seen in the distance.

The recently restored Audrey Headframe of the United Verde Extension Mine.  The Little Daisy Headframe is at the rear.

MHAers entering the Douglas Mansion.


Don Hull examines the Douglas mineral collection display..

Jan Rasmussen and Bob Spude view the geology exhibits in the mansion.

Harry and Debbie Allen take in the view of Sunshine Hill to the north of the mansion.

Susan Canty looking across the Audrey Headframe toward the United Verde open pit at the far left.  William Clark’s original smelter once stood to the left of the Little Daisy Hotel.

 

Photo Credits: Susan and Mike Kaas

CLICK HERE FOR THE PRESCOTT CONFERENCE PAGE

 


All contents copyright 2011. This is a ZStudios website.